What We Believe
1. We believe the Bible is the final authority for determining all faith and practice. It is the authoritative Word of God. We believe the Bible is inerrant, verbally inspired and in its original writing is infallible (II Timothy 3:16-17; II Peter 1:20-21; Romans 16:25-27).
2. We believe in one God, eternally existing in three Persons: Father; Son; and the Holy Spirit; these three are coequal and co-eternal (Deuteronomy 6:4; Genesis 1:26; Matthew 3:16-17; 28:19).
3. We believe man was created in the image of God and that he disobeyed God. Thereby, man incurred spiritual death which is separation from God and also physical death as a consequence. We believe that all those born of the first man and woman (Adam and Eve) are of the Adamic race and are born in sin and are sinners by nature and practice (Genesis 1:26, 2:17, 6:5; Psalm 14:1-3, 51-5; Jeremiah 17:9; John 3:6, 5:40, 6:35; Romans 3:10-19, 8:6-7; Ephesians 2:1-3; I Timothy 5:6; I John 3:8).
4. We believe in the virgin birth, the sinless perfection of the Lord Jesus Christ. And that He died for our sins as a vicarious, substitutionary sacrifice, and that all who believe in Him are justified on the grounds of His shed blood (Romans 3:15-16; II Corinthians 5:14; Hebrews 10:5-14).
5. We believe in the bodily resurrection and ascension into heaven of Jesus Christ; and that His present ministry for us is as our Great High Priest and Advocate (Luke 1:30-35; John 1:1, 14, 18; Hebrews 4:15; Philippians 2:5-11).
6. We believe that all who receive by faith the Lord Jesus Christ are born of the Holy Spirit and thereby become children of God (Romans 5:5, 8:1-11; Galatians 5:16-26; I Corinthians 12:7; Ephesians 4:7; John 1:12; John 3).
7. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ instituted the ordinances of Baptism by immersion and the Lord’s Supper to be observed by all believers until His return (Matthew 28:19; Luke 22-19-20; Acts 10:47-48).
8. We believe in the personal pre-millennial and imminent return of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ (Deuteronomy 30:1-10; Isaiah 11:9; Ezekiel 37:21-28; Matthew 24:15-25, 46; Acts 15:16-17; Romans 8:19-23, 11:27-27; I Timothy 4:13; II Timothy 3:1-5; Revelation 20:1-3; I Thessalonians 4:13-18).
9. We believe in the bodily resurrection of the just and unjust, the everlasting blessedness of the saved, and the everlasting punishment of the lost (John 14:1-3; I Corinthians 15:51-52; Philippians 3:20; I Thessalonians 4:13-18; Titus 2:11-15; Revelation 20:11).
10. We believe the Church is an elect company of believers baptized by the Holy Spirit into one body; its mission is to witness concerning its head, Jesus Christ, preaching the gospel among all nations. We believe the Church will be caught up to meet the Lord in the air; and so shall the Church ever be with the Lord (I Corinthians 12:12-27; Acts 2:42-47; Matthew 28:18-19; Acts 1:8; II Corinthians 4:11-21; Romans 5:12; Ephesians 4:13-16; I Thessalonians 4:13-18).
11. We believe the Church is to be governed by elders and deacons who support the lead pastor in the daily overseeing and operation of the ministry of the church. We also believe that God has ordained men to have the primary responsibility and authority for leading the Church of Jesus Christ (Mark 3:13-19; Acts 20:17, 28; I Timothy 3:1-2; I Peter 4:1-4).The Bible teaches that women are not to exercise spiritual authority over men (I Corinthians 11:2-16, 14:34-35; I Timothy 2:11-15. However, we believe God does desire to use women in church leadership and in other significant ministry opportunities. Women are used in personal evangelistic ministries (John 4:39, Romans 1:14-17); in teaching and preaching ministries (Acts 21:8-9, Romans 12:7), in service ministries, such as church management, visitation, benevolence, and hospitality (James 1:27; Romans 16:1-2), in assisting her husband in his ministries (Genesis 2:18-23; Romans 16:3; I Timothy 3:11), in family ministries to her children (I Timothy 2:15; II Timothy 1:5, 3:15; Proverbs 31:10-31), in counseling ministries to other women and in many other significant ways (Titus 2:4-5).
12. We believe in the supernatural miracle working power of God and that His power is at work through His church today (Ephesians 3:20-21). We also believe that divine, enabling gifts for service are bestowed by the Holy Spirit upon all who have trusted Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior. These gifts of the Spirit, when used in the Church, should edify the body of Christ and be used decently and in order (I Corinthians 14:26-40). While there is a diversity of gifts, each believer is energized by the same Spirit. Each believer is called to his own divinely appointed service to the glory of God, the edification of the Church, and the good of this fallen world (I Corinthians 1:26-31, 12:4-31; Ephesians 4:15-16; Philippians 2:12-16; Colossians 3:16).
13. We believe that believers are called to live a life of Faith in God and His Word and that without it we cannot please Him. (Hebrews 11:6; II Cor. 5:7). However, we also believe that the grace of God is sufficient for the maintenance of a godly walk, and that Christ and not the law is the believer’s rule for life (Romans 6:11-13, 8:2, 4, 12-13; Galatians 5:16-23; Ephesians 4:22-24; Colossians 2:1-10; I Peter 1:14-16; I John 1:4-7, 3:5-9).
14. We believe in Grace giving; however, we also believe the Bible teaches the principle, practice and discipline of tithing. The word “tithe means 10%. As a Church we believe Jesus presently serves as our High Priest and as Abraham gave tithes to Melchizedek so also Jesus Christ is worthy of our tithes and offerings as well (Hebrews 5:1-7:1) As a Church Family we also acknowledge that the Church can only stand strong and be of full service to the body and our community as all of the members of the congregation accept their responsibility to maintain it. Therefore, all members of this congregation shall be expected to support the ministries and needs of the Church through “tithes and offerings” in proportion as the Lord has prospered them (Deuteronomy 14:23; Malachi 3:10; I Corinthians 16:1-2; II Corinthians 9:6-9).
15. We believe God has ordained the family as the foundational institution of human society. It is composed of persons related to one another by marriage, blood, or adoption. Marriage is the uniting of one man and one woman in a covenant commitment for a lifetime. It is God’s unique gift to reveal the union between Christ and His church and to provide for the man and the woman in marriage the framework for intimate companionship, and the channel for sexual expression according to biblical standards, as well as the means for procreation of the human race. (Genesis 1:26-28; 2:15-25; 3:1-20; Exodus 20:12; Deuteronomy 6:4-9; Malachi 2:14-16; Matthew 5:31-32; Hebrews 13:4; 1 Peter 3:1-7).
16. We believe in the existence of Satan; the devil, who is the prince of demons and is the declared adversary of God and man. However, when the Lord Jesus Christ died on the cross, He limited the power of Satan and guaranteed the ultimate triumph of God and His people (Ephesians 2:1-7; Colossians 2:13-15; I Peter 5:8; Revelation 20:10).